12 March, 2021

Yellow

I'm a bit for the Alphabet challenge today as I had a couple of doctors' appointments today and my DT contribution didn't post automatically as it should have. Anyway, we're having a colour theme this fortnight since the letter Y calls for "yellow" on your projects. 
I had to go home two weeks ago, meaning I wouldn't have access to my crafting stuff - a realization that only hit me two days before leaving! The solution was simple: I'd have to come up with something, and I'd have to come up with it fast. The limited time meant I'd have to go with something CAS, and once again, I was saved by the wonderful digis of bugaboo.
I've chosen a simple flower to work with, but didn't use quite a lot of yellow on the image itself. Instead, I opted for a bright yellow background paper, which has a floral pattern embossed on it. As usual, I placed the coloured image on an extra layer of coloured cardboard. The dark brown makes sure the attention stays with the other colours, and also complements the kraft card base. For a bit of fun, I added two strips of ribbons: a green one with clovers, and a red one with white dots on it.
Since their ends would go over the front part of the card, I decided to cover them up by using a punched ornament in yellow and white. I think it does resemble a flower if you use your imagination.
On the inside of the card, I added three smaller blooms made of lace, which complete the floral theme of the card.
Instead of a hand written note, I placed a cutout from a magazine that could be translated as "What makes you feel brave and strong?" It's a rather difficult question to ask yourself, and even more difficult to answer, but it's worth a try. 
The card was meant as a cheer-me-up for mom, which is why I've worked with unusually bright colours, lots of floral things and an overall fun and easy design. It was well received, but the answers might take some more time. 

challenges: 
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
a place to startpick a shape (rectangle, ellipse)
as you like it: favourite way to cut your image (I'll usually print my images on white paper and cut it to the right size using an ordinary Olfa knife and a ruler. With thicker paper or cardboard, I'll sometimes work with my small scissors to fussy cut, but most of the time I prefer a square shaped cut-out which gives me the opportunity to adjust the height and width of my image. I like how changing the amount of white space around your motif can change the perception of the whole image, and consequently, your whole card.)
C.R.A.F.T.: feminine
crafty calendar: feminine
crafty catz: ATG
crafty sentiments: ATG
creative moments: ATG
cutie pie challengeblog: bunnies & blooms (Valentines or mother's day)
love to craft: ATG 

24 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful bright yellow background and the fun Bugaboo image,a fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a move coming up and I'm going to be without my craft supplies for a while too. I'm not looking forward to it at all! Your clean and simple design is wonderful and I love the double ribbons you've chosen. Such a great idea to add the little decoration to cover the edges. Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and cheerful. I love it. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely detail and love the embossing on the yellow!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet bug card I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable card! Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, I love your color. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Danka CT -

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Sylvia Hoekman-DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know these bugaboo image and I Iike it. I also like the embossing background. T h a k you for playing along at The Unicorn Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Greetings Marga dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. The yellow is clearly present, nicely done.
    I think the print is so cute.
    Thank you for sharing this cheerful card at our challenge. I love to see you back.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your project is awesome! Thanks for joining our Penny's challenges. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very sweet! I love the way the embellishments curve onto the inside. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Back again for As You Like It Challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely card and thanks for sharing at craft and hope you will join us again

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, Pretty design. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful designed creative project. Love your images and colours used.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgans Art World Challenges Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Annie CT -
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab, gorgeously bright and sunny card!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,
    this is such a very lovely design and such lovely vibrant colours used too.
    Great embossing.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for joining in with your favourite cutting out method for the AYLI challenge. What you've given us is gorgeous and we really appreciate you taking the time to enter. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, I love that yellow background paper and the image is so cute. Thanks for joining in our March 'Feminine' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card! I love the brightness and clean design! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer

    ReplyDelete