05 December, 2014

True blue

A quick last-minute entry for the sketchsaturday.
A few days ago I was searching through my papers looking for a match in one of the Christmas cards, and suddenly this combination of blue designer paper with dark blue paper caught my eyes. I knew I want to use them as soon as possible, but for days, I couldn't figure out how. The paper with blue roses is so dominant that I found it hard to find a match. Somehow, it even seems that it doesn't need a match as it makes a nice simple card on its own. But why keep it smple if you have the chance to complicate it?
I decided to follow sketchsaturday's sketch #290, so I needed an image that would fit the roses. In the end, I made a small pickpoint ornament and decorated it with a few pearls.
Next, the sketch required a horizntal bar and I can only say, that really did cause me some headache. I tried sveral different ribbons, but none seemed to fit enough to stay. Punched borders - nah. Pearls - results in too many pearls. I needed something rather small as there is supposed to be a sentiment, too. Finally, I punched little butterflies and alligned them to a line. They were all white originally, but then I thought I'd make a bit more colourful, so I ended up scratching down every second butterfly and replacing it with a blue one.
Just a few silver pearls and I was done. Literally :)
I'll let it be as it is now, but still I'm not completely happy with the card. Is it too blue? Do the embellishments fit at all? Or maybe it's just me that is complicating again?

challenges:
- sketchsaturday: sketch #290
- creativecardcrew: birthday with sentiment
- dreamvalleychallenges: true blue
- robynsfetishchallengeblog: anything goes
- basteltantenchallengeblog: anything goes
- papertakeweekly: anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. I love the addition of the butterflies and how lovely that stitched ornament is.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein wundervolles und zauberhaftes Werk hast Du da entstehen lassen. Hab ganz lieben Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei den Basteltanten
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. To je čudovita voščilnica in všeč mi je šivan motiv. Biserčki pa so pika na i.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so elegant! Thank you for sharing this beautiful project with us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete