I just discovered primroses in the backyard of our apartment building!
However, it's rather the books that keep me from crafting than the warm weather.
Might be a reason why this card is a quick one, featuring a simple angel. I followed the sketch at C.R.A.F.T. challenge, but it took me quite a while to chose the papers.
Finally, I took one with a winter scenery, which is topped with glitter here and there. The blue-grey-white colours are fascinating, but they made it hard for me to paint the angel in a fitting colour combination. What I wanted was an angel in soft shades of blue/grey and white, brown hair and a red heart, and the outcome is nothing like it.
I even thought of printing and colouring it again, but then I thought maybe it's ok to add a contrast to the grey background scenery (or, to be honest, I was too lazy to do it all over again;)).
The rest was easy: considering the winter landscape, snowflakes were a self-evident pick, and to make the whole thing shimmer a little more, I added some silver rhinestones.
To match the sketch, I took a white ribbon, a sentiment saying "Happy holidays" and a silver sticker that I used to make the required circle. A full moon probably?
challenges:- C.R.A.F.T. challenge: sketch
- robynsfetishchallengeblog: winter cards with glitter
- thatcraftplace: Christmas
- craft-roomchallenge: photo inspiration (snow, trees, red flowers)
- craftycatz: last minute Christmas
- crafts4eternity: Christmas
- hollyjollychristmaschallenge: anything goes Christmas
- tuesdaythrowdown: family Christmas
- craftysentiments: Christmas
- justinspirationalchallenges: anything with wings
- fabnfunkychallenges: Christmas
- chocolatecoffecards: Christmas
- fussyandfancychallenge: snowflakes & ribbon
- acreativeromance: anything goes
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: anything goes as long as it's Christmas
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2: urgently needed Christmas creations
- craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper: background paper
- comeandgetitchallenge: merry Christmas
- glitternsparklechallengeblog: glittery, sparkly Christmas
- dreamvalleychallenges: Christmas
- useyourstuff: anything goes
- allwayssomethingcreative: merry Christmas
that angel card didn't let me in peace for the past days. I got used to the colours, but something else disturbed me - the ribbon! I searched all my ribbons when I made the card, and picked one that seemed to fit best, but still... Then, I sorted things that I bought in the store on the same day I made the card, and there it was - the perfect ribbon.
Turns out when I made the card it was probably so new that I simply forgot that I had it! *isn't it a bit too early for dementia?* Never mind, I glued the new ribbon over the old one, and I think the card looks better now. The glue shines through the lace, causing those yellow-ish spots, but I think now it really is time or me to stop complicating - they might as well be there to fit the angels' dress :)