They say, seedlings won't grow if you say "Thank you" upon receiving them.
I'm not sure whether this counts for roses, too, but when I walked past these beauties next to the neighbour apartment building, I thought they'd be lovey for the Flower-Friday at Holunderbluetchen.
I couldn't help but return in the evening and get myself some of these under cover of night. Most of the blooms are already gone, but I managed to cut some buds and I just can't wait to see whether they'll open up.
The vase is new, another thing I just *had to have* when I popped over to my favourite crafting store for some tape. Needless to say, my basked quickly filled up with more than just tape, but no fears - all of its content was purchased legally :)
To my wonderful surprise, I realized the roses spread the most wonderful scent as I arranged them to a bouquet and I have the feeling I'll want to have more of them before the frost takes them all away.
And just as I thought I'll never find a way to use it, I happened to realize where to place the fourth rose of my demounted rose-box. After using the red cross-stitch, yellow fadengrafik and pink decoupage flowers for card projects, I decided the rose made with iris folding would fit nicely to a card, too. Only it needed to be one with an oval opening which I decorated with a silver sticker. Additionally, I used four punched butterflies wth tiny pearls on them.
Why four? It has been ages since I participated in the butterfly challenge and I thought it would be nice to flutter by again. It's not that I don't create with butterflies, it's just that I seemed to have very bad timing, either with the themes or with exams :)
To finish off the post in all-pink, an early morning view of the skies above Ljubljana for the gallry at Raumfee.
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- butterfly channelge: butterflies + Q for quadruple
- as you like it: favourite season (I don't especially dislike any season as each has its charms, but my favourite would be summer. Why? Most importantly, I don't freeze in summer :) other than that it would be the light dresses and shoes you can wear, and especially the mass of flower it brings)
- crafting from the heart: ATG
- crafty sentiments: ATG
- creative fingers: ATG
- deep ocean: white + one other colour (pink)
- glitternspakle: add a die-cut/punch shape (butterflies)
- robynsfetish: embossing
- inspiration destination: ATG
- moving along with the times: my favourite things (raindrops on roses)
- pennys papertake: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- word art wednesday: ATG
edit: todays' harvest was most rewarding, too :) Due to the big blooms I decided to move the roses into a flowerpot for orchids that gives them a little more space.