Another winter-themed card, this time one in blue and brown shades featuring Mr. Snowman and - that's about it. I guess I wanted to be quick and work with as little material as possible, but to say I'm not quite pleased with the result would be a gross understatement.
It all started with a cute snowman-themed patterned paper that got me thinking I could make a fun card by using nothing but that patterned paper.
To make it a bit more vivid, I decided to cut the paper in multiple pieces, glue each piece to a dark blue cardboard and piece them together on a card base using 3D pads. Said and done. The result however still turned out to look a little "blah".
In an attempt to make it better, I searched my stash for something that wouldn't use much space or steal the snowman's show, and on the verge of despair I found a set of shimmering flowers which might as well be snowflakes.
I'm still far from liking the card, and looking for ways to improve it, but I think for now I'll just put it aside and focus on something else...
... Something like, How can nature use the very same shades to create something simply beautiful?
A little contribution to the gallery of sky images at Raumfee.
- 613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "3D card"
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- allsorts challengeblog: blue & brown
- cardmania: ATG
- crafting with an attitude: ATG
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- creative inspirations: sparkle
- creative moments: ATG
- bawion: men
- fairytale challengeblog: no more than 4 materials (paper, gemstones)
- inspiration destination: ATG
- pennys papertake: ATG
- 12 months of Christmas: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- wortartwednesday: ATG