With the Christmas lights hung up in the cities and final adjustments being made at numerous Christmas markets, it is almost this time of year already. This time of hustle and bustle, loads of shopping and making last-minute Christmas cards. I guess I won't make much of any of these this year, however, it's always good to have at least a couple of cards at hand. Just in case.
One card in my holiday stash is this rather simple creation inspired by the three wise men. The motif of three crowns was on my to-do-list for ages, however, I only gave it a try when I desperately needed a couple of flat Christmas cards for my exhibition. So, yes, technically it was a hustle bustle last minute card :)
The crowns are made with golden yarn and decorated with a couple of colourful gemstones that should resemble jewels.
To make the stitched piece more stable, I glued it on two layers of golden cardboard. For the card base, I've chosen brown recycled paper, which I combined with a swirly background from a set of autumn-themed papers. As there was still quite a lot of brown space, I added a punched border of white paper in the very end.
As there are many layers in total, I decided to skip 3D pads this time. The motif seems to pop out nicely anyway. And since it's a stitched motif, I'd like to remind you of our "Christmas cards" themed Fadengrafik Challenge - enter your Christmas themed creations until the end of the month for a chance to win a cool prize.
A little contribution to the November collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- allsorts challengeblog: glitter
- as you like it: favourite Christmas colour (gold, as it gives a special, festive touch to any project)
- C.R.A.F.T.: Christmas
- cardmania: ATG
- city crafter: for the boys
- crafting with an attitude: ATG
- crafty catz: ATG
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- creative inspirations: sparkle
- creative moments: ATG
- bawion: ATG
- fabnfunky: masculine touch
- inspiration destination: ATG
- love to craft: ATG
- modsquad: merry and bright
- pennys papertake: ATG
- 12 months of Christmas: optional theme "star struck"
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- unicorn challengeblog: ATG
- wortartwednesday: ATG
- worldwide open design team challenge: ATG