I decided to use in on one of my future projects, and even before I thought about the details, I remembered this starry cardboard I bought ages ago. I think it was part of some paper package, I liked it but I never really knew how to use it. On the one hand, it's pretty dark to me, and on the other, those stars didn't seem to fit anywhere. Until I figured out they do fit the mouse :)
For the card, I used the sketch from tuesdaymorningsketches. The image is coloured with coloured pencils. To match the starry background I added golden glitter paper, a blue and golden ribbon, and a sentiment that says "Happy holidays".
In the end, I used a couple of stars: a punched golden star and some star-shaped pearls. These were my sisters' actually, she must have used them back in primary school for her crafting. When she had no use for it she gave them to me. That was ages ago, but I somehow keep stuff like this, thinking I *might* need it some day. In the end, I forget about some of my treasures only to re-discover them later, while others are always in the back of my mind, waiting for their moment to come.
How about you, do you keep things for "maybe later"? Everything? Some of them? Dou you keep things for years or do you clean up your reserves every now and then? Did it ever happen to you that after sorting things out, within a couple of weeks you were working on a project, thinking "If only I kept these a little longer"?
- cutecardthursday: stars
- come and get it challenge: winter
- crafts4eternity: furry friends
- fairytale-challengeblog: Christmas with animals
- acreativeromance: something old (stars)
- chocolatecoffeecards: favourite holiday (Christmas)
- thatcraftplace: anything goes
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: getting ready for Christmas
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2: anything goes as long as it's Christmas
- craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper: patterned paper
- ooh-la-lacreationschallenges: Christmas
- pennyschallenges: anything goes
- fabnfunkychallenges: anything with die cuts (star)
- justinspirationalchallenges: winter
- craftysentiments: use die cuts (star)
- wordartwednesday: anything goes
- milkcoffeechallenge: lots of embellishments
- basteltantenchallengeblog: bling bling