Basically, it's the same procedure I used to decorate my amaryllis pots a while ago, only this time I wanted to create some cracks on the surface. Therefore, I used two different shades of acrylic paints and a water-soluble cracking varnish: after the first dark layer was applied and dry, I over-painted it with the cracking varnish and added another, lighter layer of paint. Due to the varnish, the superior layer of paint contracted, giving the box a shabby look.
As the painting part was done, I decorated the surface with an ivy patterned napkin.
Once the project was done, I decided to use the tea box to store my cosmetics - the plastic "window" atop the storage space is rather useful when it comes to having an overview of your treasures.challenges:
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- abc christmas challenge: A for ATG
- alphabet challenge: window
- as you like it: ATG
- crafty calendar: something new (wooden box)
- crafty gals corner: ATG
- creative fingers: ATG
- crafty sentiments: ATG
- everybody art: ATG
- fabnfunky: something new (wooden box)
- fairytale challengeblog: ATG
- inspiration destination: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- word art wednesday: ATG
The rest of my weekend basically included sleeping and working on an article (blah), as well as rushing to the flower market to get me some fresh greenery. Even though the range of flowers includes tulips, carnations and lilies, I decided to pick something more seasonal.
Turns out I missed the Friday-Flowerday at Holunderbluetchen again, but I'll tick off my second flower arrangement of 2016 anyway :)