When I ordered them online
Upon painting, I decided to use sand paper to get rid of any uneven spots and splinters, which turned out to be quite a challenge around the numerous corners each box has. Once that was done, I searched through my stash for some fitting napkins: small motifs, preferably colourful but not too intense. In the end, I decided I'd take forget-me-nots for one box and lovely little birds for the other. Matching those two colour choices, the inside of one box would be light blue, while the other would be painted in a light peach shade.What I especially liked about the boxes when I fisrst saw them was the sliding glass top, which closes well and allows me to see what I've put in each of the compartments. Too bad the boxes seem to have vanished from the online shop.
Box #2: same principle, other end of the colour scale.
All in all, the boxes measure about 17x13 cm - more than suitable for countless tiny things and leftovers that accumulate in your stash and need some kind of organizer. Also, they can be piled up perfectly and stored together. The motifs are different on purpose, but I think this looks even better because it's not too much of the same thing.
And since both are associated with spring, the storage even makes a nice Easter decoration on my shelf - no more hiding little things in the drawer!
Waiting to be used up... (Of course, sticking to the colour scheme of the boxes upon organizing the things from my stash was absolutely vital for my inner Monk.)
A little contribution to the March collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
- 613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "reuse/upcycle"
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- gem of a challenge: Easter
- brown sugar: spring/Easter
- C.R.A.F.T.: animals
- crafting with an attitude: ATG
- crafty catz: ATG
- crafty sentiments: Easter
- creative inspirations: any occasion
- creative moments: ATG
- do-all kreatives: spring/Easter
- bawion: Easter
- everybody art: ATG
- friendship challenge: Easter
- inspiration destination: ATG with optional twist "spring/pastel colour"
- kreativtanten: animals
- love to craft: ATG
- moving along with the times: Easter
- my time to craft: Easter/spring
- pennys papertake: ATG
- scrapping4fun: ATG with flowers (flower box)
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- ustvarjalni dotik: Easter (wooden boxes, matt decoupage varnish)
- wortartwednesday: ATG
- worldwide open design team challenge: ATG
And who knows, maybe we can even go from grey to colourful skies again sometime soon.
Pretty, pretty please :)