28 March, 2018

Simple wristband

Has everyone done their Easter-related tasks already? 
Long story short told, as I don't really know where my time is disappearing, and I'm running behind on literally everything, I'll just dig into my stash for some of the things that are waiting to be shown. This time: a simple bracelet for mom. 
When I'm stuck with beads I can't use up no matter what, one thing is always going to work: memory wire. Whether it is threading a repeated pattern or a rather unorganized mix, memory wire seems to make everything wearable. Even those papillon beads (farfalle, or berry beads) that I once bought only to place them in the drawer for years.
Anyhow, I now decided to line them up in groups of three, each separated by a small white opaque rocaille, and just keep going until I run out of papillons. 
When all was done, the only thing I added was a small charm saying "hand work".
Matching the lace in our tablecloth - petrified lace detail from the Dragon Bridge. Just to make sure the post looks a little more "extensive" ;)

challenges: 
613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "reuse/upcycle"
a bit more time to craft: ATG
crafty catz: ATG
crafty gals corner: ATG
creative moments: ATG/feminine
inspiration destination: ATG
love to craft: ATG 
pennys papertake: ATG
through the craftroom door: ATG
unicorn challengeblog: girly
wortartwednesday: ATG

11 comments:

  1. What a beautifully unique creation! I know all about buying crafty things and leaving them for years! Thanks so much for sharing your artistic streak with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 30 “Make it Girly.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and will be treasured by your Mum I'm sure. Thank you for sharing your wonderful bracelet in our ATG challenge atTTCRD DT this week, hope to see you next week. Faith x

    TTCRD DT

    <a href="http://daffodil-faitha.blogspot.co.uk>Daffodil Cards {My Blog}</a>

    Through The Craft Room Door

    ttcrd.blogspot.com"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really beautiful bracelet, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely bracelet. I like the color.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memory Wire is fabulous to work with and your bracelet is gorgeous - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty this time and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous wristband
    Thanks so much for entering the challenge over on the creative moments Blog and good luck

    Creative moments Blog

    CraftyHugs-Dt member of Creative Moments. My personal blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful creation and s great design !!!
      Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
      Through The Craft Room Door
      this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
      Hugs Cicci
      DT member at TTCRD
      Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to follow my blog}

      Delete
  9. Love ... sometimes the best things are not "perfect" in size, shape or color! Thank you for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
    (Crafty hugs) Cara
    Through the Craft Room Door {Owner}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. The patience it must have taken to string all of those beads! It is so pretty!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge

    ReplyDelete