No wonder I'm totally not thinking about Christmas yet. I'll just show a card I prepared for the Fadengrafik Challenge where we want to see your Christmas projects with some stitching. There's still plenty of time toplay along and we can't wait to see what you've been up to.
The card is basically very simple, it consists of corners I stitched with shimmering yarn and a 3D sticker in the middle. For the embellishments I used a couple of pearls, transparent paper with snowflakes and a golden sticker for the border.
The sticker serves both as decoration and fixation of the starry paper as I didn't feel confident using other forms of glue for it. Last time I tried, the sticky stripes were shining through the transparent layer, giving a pretty bad result. This time, I only used the stripes in places that are covered by the white cardboard, meaning the golden sticker had to go a bit off the edge to have an adhesive effect.
I'm not sure whether I like it, I'd preferr to have more of the red order side, but that was the only way for me to use the transparent stars.
I didn't really need a background paper though, as the red paper of the card shines through the transparent layer, which gives an interesting result.
challenges:- PINspirational challenges: Christmas
- inspiration destination: ATG
- ABC Christmas: O for Off the edge
- Pennys challenges: Christmas in July
- scrapping4fun: summer or winter (winter)
- deep ocean: Christmas in July
- crafty calendar: Christmas in July
- cardz4guyz: Christmas in July
- tuesday throwdown: Christmas in July
- ooh la la challengeblog: Christmas in July
- craft-alnica: glitter
- fairytale challengeblog: bling bling
- my time to craft: Christmas in July
- pile it on: Christmas/winter in July
- Morgan's art world: Christmas in July